Sage 200 Manufacturing
Looking good on all accounts.
What is Sage 200 Manufacturing?
Offers the ideal 'out of the box' solution whether your manufacturing processes are simple or complex. From estimating through planning and production management.
Bill of Materials
Works Order Processing
Master Production Schedule (MPS)
Shop Floor Data Capture
Sage 200 Manufacturing software helps you to
- Meet delivery times – by helping you control the production process.
- Manage your cash flow – by helping you keep track of stock and deliveries.
- Control product quality – by tracking items all the way through production and delivery.
- Reduce costs – by helping you become more efficient through improved planning.
- Optimise production – by helping to create a lean supply chain.
- Save time – by creating purchase orders and works orders automatically from Material Requirements Planning recommendations.
- Stay on track at every stage of production.
- Share information – see all the detail needed to stay in control of the supply chain, from raw materials to finished products.
- Track deliveries accurately with 2-way or 3-way Goods Received note (GRN) matching.
- Use workspaces which have been designed to give your business critical information ‘at a glance’ on your desktop …and much more.
Why would I need it?
While efficient resource planning is pivotal to a successful manufacturer, being able to quickly analyse facts and spot developing issues can make all the difference to your profitability. While tracking costs across departments or planning resources, having integrated software would enable you to link your buying, finance, distribution and customer facing operations.
The Sage 200 Manufacturing Bill of Materials module helps you create detailed Bills of Materials (BOM) for all your manufactured products, no matter how many components you use. BOMs may, in turn, use other BOMs (sub-assemblies) within them to provide a multi-level, hierarchical structure. The module is an integral part of the Sage 200 Manufacturing application, which enables you to:
- Avoid running short of materials by identifying shortages.
- Build products from multiple source warehouses.
- Manage all your machine, labour and sub-contracted operations.
- Plan your product build.
- Track build progress using the Operation Times module.
- Schedule your production with the Graphical Planner module.
- Keeps track of complex costs including sub-contract, piece-work and tooling.
- Save time by creating purchase orders automatically
The Bill of Materials module enables you to define operations and activities performed by sub-contractors. These can be defined as batch or piece work operations recording and may include, for example, labour costs, machine setup costs, run costs and close-down costs. 'Operations' comprise the labour and machine processes required to manufacture a finished item or sub-assembly. For each operation, you specify the labour and machine processes as well as the time required to complete the operation. This includes machine setup time. You can enter operation details individually each time you create a new BOM, or create a library of operations stored as templates in the 'Operations Register' to save time for subsequent use within BOMs. Using it with the Trial Kitting function, you are able to check whether you have sufficient stock to build aquantity of any BOM. In addition, your production staff can identify shortages, and quickly raise purchase orders to cover these within the Purchase Order Processing module in Sage 200 Commercials.
In today's competitive environment, you need to minimise the time spent preparing complete and accurate estimates for your customers. The estimating module in Sage 200 Manufacturing is a powerful tool that helps you achieve this and also track every stage of production. Designed to assist in the production of estimates for one-off items or non-repetitive batches, it provides accurate and timely quotations of work. You can also create work orders, BOMs or sales orders from your estimates. Information from the estimate is drawn from the stock records in the Stock Control module and from the Labour Register, Machine Register and Operations Register. You can enter all expected costs for each stage of the job under each of the job cost types.
The estimating module allows you to:
- Produce quotes for multiple batch sizes.
- Create accurate estimates quickly.
- Convert estimates into works orders with ease.
The Sage 200 Works Order module allows you to produce parts using components specified on the BOM or in the estimate, following the process specified on the operations. Works orders can be created automatically from MRP recommendations or entered manually. Stock levels are automatically updated when you allocate and/or issue stock against the works orders. You can then produce picking lists, route cards, operations cards and job sheets. On completion of the works orders, stock is automatically updated, enabling goods to be despatched immediately. There is also the facility to back flush through lower level subassemblies. This automatically issues all components through each of the levels and places finished items into stock.
The Works Order module allows you to:
- Save time by creating works orders automatically from MRP recommendations.
- Avoid errors by automatically updating your stock levels when you allocate or issue stock against orders.
- Improve efficiency by creating picking lists, route cards, operation cards and job sheets.
- Save time by creating a single delivery note from multiple sales orders
The planning features in Sage 200 Manufacturing provide all the functionality you need to control material, labour and machine costs in a busy mixed mode manufacturing environment. The MPS function will smoothly control production planning, works order processing and resource management, with full traceability for materials tracking. MPS reads demands and creates a master production items schedule for production of finished items and sub-assemblies that are sold separately.
While reading demands, MPS looks at items that are:
- Outstanding from sales orders in the Sage 200 Sales Order Processing module.
- Marked for release in ‘Make to Stock.’
- Unfulfilled in sales forecasts.
- Required to fulfil estimates in the Estimating module.
In addition, the MPS functionality also processes non manufactured items, such as those that have been bought, so that the Materials Requirements Planning module can facilitate back-to-back ordering.
This information is then processed through the MRP module. MRP looks at stock projections in relation to demands and generates appropriate recommendations by exploding demands through the BOM levels to produce a series of 'make' or 'buy' recommendations. The MRP module makes recommendations after considering supplier and BOM lead times, stock levels, work in progress, on order quantities, minimum levels, batch sizing rules, locations of stock components and whether version control is being used. Each stock item can have an unlimited number of alternative suppliers, along with lead times, cost prices, and suppliers' part numbers and minimum order quantity. Stock projection calculates predicted levels of selected stock items over any chosen time period. When you have accepted the recommendations, the program will automatically raise Works or Purchase Orders as appropriate. At this stage, you can also generate Work in Progress valuations that can be manually or automatically updated.
Preactor International is the market leading specialist for planning and scheduling software. Working in partnership with Preactor, we have created a graphical planning tool that helps you to:
- Assess potential changes to production, by producing plans that show how, for example, adding overtime or extra shifts would affect deliveries.
- Produce flexible schedules that work forwards from a start date or backwards from a due date, to suit your needs.
- Identify resource issues easily and change plans to avoid hold ups.
- Choose the way you want to view completed jobs.
Working alongside the Works Order module, the operations time functionality in Sage 200 Manufacturing allows you to work more efficiently. It can print barcodes onto items such as route and operation cards, so that operators log their jobs with a scanner and the relevant works orders are automatically updated.
For further information on how Sage 200 Manufacturing could work for your business please contact our customer service team on 01954 213999